November 2022: Chemical Regulatory Updates in Europe and North America
European Union & United Kingdom
On November 29, 2022, the UK’s Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) made public the results of the consultation on extending the current UK REACH submission deadlines, which ran for 8 weeks and closed on September 1, 2022. The DEFRA will be bringing forward secondary legislation, subject to the consent of the Scottish and Welsh governments, to extend the UK REACH submission deadlines by 3 years in line with this government response. (Read more)
More regulation highlights in the EU and UK:
- Court of Justice of EU annuls carcinogen classification of titanium dioxide
- ECHA: One in four substances recovered from waste non-compliant with REACH
- ECHA Launched 18 New Consultations on Testing Proposals, Comments are Welcome before 12 January 2022
- How to record and report ozone-depleting substances (ODS) you import, export, sell or destroy in Great Britain
On November 26, 2022, Canada published the final screening assessment for Na3NTA, confirming that the substance does not meet the toxicity criteria. Considering the potential health concern, Canada consults on applying the SNAc provisions to Na3NTA to determine the circumstances in which the substance is toxic or capable of becoming toxic. Comments will be accepted until 25 January 2023. (Read more)
More regulation highlights in North America:
- EPA Consults on Proposed PFAS Reporting Rule
- EPA Updates NAICS Codes for Toxics Release Inventory Reporting
- EPA Determines Methylene Chloride Pose Risks to Human Health
- EPA Proposes to Modify Toxic Substances Control Act Fee Rule
- Canada Consults on New Notification Requirements for SOPP
- Canada Publishes Final Screening Assessment for 21 Poly Group Substances
[Read more regulatory updates in Europe and North America at ChemLinked]
- October 2022: Chemical Regulatory Updates in Europe and North America
- October 2022: Chemical Regulatory Updates in Asia-Pacific Region
If you have any questions regarding global chemical regulations, don\’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
News Source: ChemLinked
REACH24H Consulting Group launched ChemLinked in 2012 as a leading service provider of comprehensive regulatory information and compliance solutions, meeting the growing demand for clear and concise regulatory advice and market intelligence in Asia, especially China.
You can register for a membership to read the latest news limitlessly every day on ChemLinked.