June 2023: Chemical Regulatory Updates in Europe and the Americas
European Union & United Kingdom
On June 14, 2023, ECHA has added the two chemicals to the Candidate List of substances of very high concern (SVHC), which now contains 235 entries for chemicals that can harm people or the environment. Companies have legal obligations resulting from the inclusion of substances in the Candidate List. (Read more)
More regulation highlights in EU:
- ECHA Sees Rise in Alternatives to Animal Testing for Chemical Safety Assessments
- ECHA’s Committees: EU-wide PFAS Ban in Firefighting Foams Warranted
- Product Passports Increase Chemical Transparency and Drive the Market Towards Safer Products
- New EU Chemicals Enforcement Project to Focus on Products Sold Online
- EU Adds 24 CMR Substances to REACH Restriction List
On June 22, 2023, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued a final rule to update the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) chemical list to identify nine additional PFAS subject to reporting requirements. The addition of these PFAS supports the Biden-Harris Administration’s commitment to address the impacts of these forever chemicals, and advances EPA’s PFAS Strategic Roadmap to confront the human health and environmental risks of PFAS. (Read more)
More regulation highlights in North America:
- EPA Finalizes Rule to Increase Transparency Under TSCA
- EPA Accepting Public Comments on Candidates to be ad hoc Reviewers for Draft Supplement to the 1,4-Dioxane Risk Evaluation Under TSCA
- EPA Proposes Significant New Use Rules for Flame Retardants In Support of Risk Evaluations
- Canada Publishes Draft Environmental Quality Guidelines for BTEX
- Canada Releases Notices to Amend the Domestic Substances List under CEPA
[Read more regulatory updates in Europe and North America at ChemLinked]
- May 2023: Chemical Regulatory Updates in APAC Region
- May 2023: Chemical Regulatory Updates in Europe and the Americas
If you have any questions regarding global chemical compliance, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
News Source: ChemLinked
REACH24H Consulting Group launched ChemLinked in 2012 as a leading service provider of comprehensive regulatory information and compliance solutions, meeting the growing demand for clear and concise regulatory advice and market intelligence in Asia, especially China.
You can register for a membership to read the latest news limitlessly every day on ChemLinked.