China Accepts Previous Submission Codes for Compound Ingredients
The Cosmetic Safety Information Submission Platform does not support applications for new submission codes for compound ingredients that do not have existing codes; During cosmetic product notification process, notifiers are allowed to fill in the previously obtained submission code for compound ingredients to associate ingredient safety information.
On September 4, 2023, China National Institutes for Food and Drug Control (NIFDC) introduced and enforced three Guidelines as follows:
- Technical Guidelines for Filling in and Submitting Safety Information of Cosmetic Ingredients;
- Guidelines for Submitting Information on the Cosmetic Ingredient Safety Information Submission Platform;
- Technical Guidelines for Filling in and Submitting Cosmetic Formula.
With the implementation of these Guidelines, updates were made to the Cosmetic Ingredients Safety Information Submission Platform and the Cosmetics Registration and Notification Information Service Platform. Among these updates, two changes have received significant attention:
1. In the registration and notification process of cosmetic products, the registrant and notifier are no longer allowed to use previously obtained submission codes for compound ingredients to associate ingredient safety information.
2. The Cosmetic Ingredients Safety Information Submission Platform no longer supports the application for new submission codes for compound ingredients that do not have existing codes.
These two changes have generated extensive attention and discussion within the industry, posing challenges for industry’s adaptation in the short term. However, on September 14, 2023, further clarity was provided regarding the use of previously obtained submission codes for compound ingredients.
If you have any questions regarding cosmetics compliance in China, please feel free to contact us.
News Source: ChemLinked
REACH24H Consulting Group launched ChemLinked in 2012 as a leading service provider of comprehensive regulatory information and compliance solutions, meeting the growing demand for clear and concise regulatory advice and market intelligence in Asia, especially China.
You can register for a membership to read the latest news limitlessly every day on ChemLinked.