October 2022: Chemical Regulatory Updates in Europe and North America
On October 26, 2022, ECHA issued a notice to call for relevant information on the uses of six sodium perborates in products (articles) to investigate whether the use of these substances in articles has been adequately controlled or if a restriction is needed. (Read more)
More regulation highlights in the EU:
- ECHA Publishes Reports on Assessment of Regulatory Needs for Groups of Polyol Amines and Ditriazine Stilbenedisulfonic Acid Dyes
- ECHA Launched 34 New Consultations on Testing Proposals, Comments are Welcome before Dec.12, 2022
- ECHA to Take an Extra Three Months to Conclude Assessment of Proposed Restriction on Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs) in Firefighting Foams
- European Commission: Restriction Process on Certain Cobalt Compounds Terminated – Occupational Exposure Limit Development Continues
On October 20, 2022, the Canadian government released a proposed Amendment to the Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) Concentration Limits for Architectural Coatings Regulations, in an effort to achieve additional VOC reductions and improve existing regulatory provisions. The consultation period is due by January 13, 2023. (Read more)
More regulation highlights in North America:
- EPA to Implement New Chemicals Review for Mixed Metal Oxides under TSCA
- EPA Proposed Rules for Allocating HFC Allowances from 2024
- EPA Announced Updated New Chemicals Evaluation Plan under TSCA
- Canada Proposed to Include Solvent Violet 13 to the List of Toxic Substances
- Canada Proposed to List Rubber Ingredient TMTD as Toxic Substance
- Canada to Update Guidance on New Chemicals Notification Regulations by the End of 2022
- Canada Proposed Labeling Requirements on Certain Toxic Substances
[Read more regulatory updates in Europe and North America at ChemLinked]
- September 2022: Chemical Regulatory Updates in Asia-Pacific Region
- September 2022: Chemical Regulatory Updates in Europe and North America
If you have any questions regarding global chemical regulations, please contact us.
News Source: ChemLinked
REACH24H Consulting Group launched ChemLinked in 2012 as a leading service provider of comprehensive regulatory information and compliance solutions, meeting the growing demand for clear and concise regulatory advice and market intelligence in Asia, especially China.
You can register for a membership to read the latest news limitlessly every day on ChemLinked.