January 2023: Chemical Regulatory Updates in Europe and America
This is a collection of regulatory updates in Europe and North America, including EU REACH, UK REACH, and US TSCA.
European Union & United Kingdom
The European Chemical Agency (ECHA) added nine hazardous substances to the Candidate List of SVHCs on January 17, 2023. They are used for example in flame retardants, paints and coatings, inks and toners, coating products, plasticizers and in the manufacture of pulp and paper. Now the list contains 233 chemicals that can harm people or the environment. (Read more)
More regulation highlights in EU and UK:
- ECHA to Start Checking REACH Registrations Against Revised Requirements from May 2023
- ECHA Publishes New IUCLID Pharmaceutical Datasets to Support Alternatives to Animal Testing
- ECHA Receives PFASs Restriction Proposal from Five National Authorities
- ECHA to Assess Risks to Children from PAHs in Granules and Mulches
- UK Updates Date of Bans on F Gas in New Products and Equipment
On January 6, 2023, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced the automatic addition of nine per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) to the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) list. As of January 1, 2023, facilities which are subject to reporting requirements for these chemicals should start tracking their activities involving these PFAS. (Read more)
More regulation highlights in North America:
- EPA Issues Second TSCA Test Order for PFAS Used in Making Plastics
- EPA Determines Trichloroethylene Presents an Unreasonable Risk to Human Health
- EPA Consults on Inflation Reduction Act to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions Associated with Construction Materials
- EPA Takes Crucial Step to Stop Around 300 Unsafe PFAS from Reentering Commerce
- Canada Sets Restriction on Four Toxic Substances under CEPA
- Canada Determines ETU Requires No Further Action
Canada Considers Amendment to New Substances Notification Regulation to Reduce Animal Testing
[Read more regulatory updates in Europe and North America at ChemLinked]
- December 2022: Chemical Regulatory Updates in Europe and North America
- December 2022: Chemical Regulatory Updates in Asia-Pacific Region
If you have any questions regarding global chemical regulations, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
News Source: ChemLinked
REACH24H Consulting Group launched ChemLinked in 2012 as a leading service provider of comprehensive regulatory information and compliance solutions, meeting the growing demand for clear and concise regulatory advice and market intelligence in Asia, especially China.
You can register for a membership to read the latest news limitlessly every day on ChemLinked.