February 2023: Chemical Regulatory Updates in Europe and America
This is a collection of regulatory updates in Europe and North America, including EU REACH, UK REACH, and US TSCA.
European Union & United Kingdom
On February 7, 2023, ECHA announced that the details of the proposed restrictions on around 10,000 PFASs could be accessed on ECHA’s website. ECHA’s scientific committees for Risk Assessment (RAC) and for Socio-Economic Analysis (SEAC) will check that the proposal meets the legal requirements of REACH in their meetings in March 2023. If it does, the committees will begin their scientific evaluation of the proposal. A six-month consultation is planned to start on March 22, 2023. (Read more)
More regulation highlights in the EU and UK:
- ECHA Updates Monomer and Polymer Guidance Following Board of Appeal Decision
- ECHA is Seeking Comments on Reports of OEL Recommendations for Chloroprene and Glycidyl Methacrylate
- ECHA Proposes to Identify Two New Substances of Very High Concern
- ECHA Calls for Evidence on Presence of CMRs in Childcare Articles
On February 24, 2023, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) released for public comment and peer review a set of principles for evaluating cumulative risks under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) and an approach for applying those principles to the evaluation of the cumulative risk posed by certain phthalate chemicals undergoing TSCA section 6 risk evaluation. It marks an important step in the process of EPA developing the capability under TSCA to examine the risk to people from exposure to multiple chemicals with similar effects. (Read more)
More regulation highlights in North America:
- EPA Excludes HFO-1336mzz(E) From Regulatory Definition Of VOC
- EPA Accepting Public Comments on Candidates to be ad hoc Reviewers for Draft Documents Related to Cumulative Risk Assessment under TSCA
- US Administration Pledges $2 Billion to Address Emergent Contaminants like PFAS in Drinking Water
- EPA Announces Latest Update to the TSCA Inventory
- EPA to Finalize Technical Updates to Formaldehyde Emission Standards for Composite Wood Products
- Canada Determines Ether Groups and Caprolactam Non-Toxic Under CEPA
[Read more regulatory updates in Europe and North America at ChemLinked]
- January 2023: Chemical Regulatory Updates in Europe and America
- January 2023: Chemical Regulatory Updates in APAC Region
If you have any questions regarding global chemical regulations, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
News Source: ChemLinked
REACH24H Consulting Group launched ChemLinked in 2012 as a leading service provider of comprehensive regulatory information and compliance solutions, meeting the growing demand for clear and concise regulatory advice and market intelligence in Asia, especially China.
You can register for a membership to read the latest news limitlessly every day on ChemLinked.