The new Classification, Labelling and Packaging Regulation (CLP) will affect you if you are:
- a registrant under the REACh Regulation
- a manufacturer or importer of substances or mixtures (preparations) that you place on the EU market;
- a downstream user, - you use substances or mixtures supplied to you for the formulation of other products that you place on the market, e.g. adhesives, cleaning products, paints, motor oils;
- a distributor (retailer), - you store and place on the market a substance or a mixture for others;
- a producer or importer of articles that are explosive or that contain substances that are intentionally released or are on the Candidate List of Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC);
- involved in research and development of chemicals.
In contrast to the REACh Regulation, the CLP Regulation relates to substances and mixtures irrespective of the tonnage manufactured or imported into the EU.